After the damp and wet winter bids farewell to Berkshire, this is time to breathe life into the garden furniture. So cleaning up the teak, wood, metal and plastic furniture is the first step to revive the garden furniture. On being well cleaned, the garden furniture has to be dried up immediately.
Cleaning is not enough, and to ensure the garden furniturecan be optimally used after the winters, you have to hire furniture restoration experts from the best company in Berkshire. The trained experts are clear about the steps and techniques they should take to revive them back to their original purpose.
Here is how the furniture restoration experts revive the wooden furniture for painting and staining.
- They clean all the wooden furniture surfaces using warm water, and if necessary they are scrubbed. Then the furniture is allowed to thoroughly dry.
- The experts sand down the rough parts lightly and use white spirit to wipe over for removing the grease and dust.
- In case, the wood is in bad condition, then they apply a primer for achieving a polished look. Next, it is allowed to dry.
- The paint or stain can is stirred thoroughly. Turning the furniture upside down, the furniture restoration experts use a small brush and paint underneath along with the wood grains, and after that let it dry.
- They finish off after turning up the furniture in the right way. Then it is allowed to dry for a minimum of 8 hours. If necessary, they apply a second coat.
How Is the Original Colour Restored to the Wooden Outdoor Furniture?
By using a garden furniture restorer is the easiest way for restoring the outdoor wooden furniture's original colour. The garden restorer is the liquid enhancing colour and sheen into the weathered wood. To get it done exceptionally, the experts take up these steps
- Removing the excess dirt from the old greying wood using a stiff bristle brush. Washing it down, they allow it to dry.
- Using a paintbrush, they liberally apply the garden furniture restorer.
- For working the restorer into the wooden surface, they use a mildly abrasive scouring pad. Then they leave it for 15 minutes.
- Using a lot of warm, clean water, they wash the restore off and allow it to dry.
- For removing the loose fibres, they sand down and expose the natural sheen of the wood.
How is the Iron and Metal Garden Furniture Restored?
In the entire ambience, the old garden furniture is the most unsightly one - these can be restored to their original health and looks with professional care. Here is how they get it done -
i. Getting the flaking paint and rust removed
After the professionals have removed rust and loose paint using a paint scraper, then they move on to the steel wood to achieve a finer finish. This very step is much vital for achieving an appreciative finish.
ii. Washing Thoroughly
After they have sanded off the rust and paint flakes, then they clean and completely dry the furniture so the newly done paint does not flake off. Using the washing up liquid and sponge, they wash down the furniture. Next, they place in the sun for drying off.
iii. Preparing the Area for Painting
They paint in the well-ventilatedarea using spray paint. The spray paints reach till 4 feet range, so they cover the grounds and floors appropriately using plastic or sheet.
iv. Using the Spray Paint
Choosing a brand suitable on metal, as well as for outdoor purposes so the paint lasts longer - they apply the spray painting with patience. They refrain from putting excessive paint on one spot as it starts running, and never do they be much close furniture. So, they keep themselves at about 1 to 1.5 feet from the surface and even use the side to side motions. They begin painting the underside and then move to the top side for avoiding sticking or scratching.
After painting one coat, they let it dry and then apply another coat. Next, they allow a lot of time for it to dry in the dry environment before they touch it. If needed, they might even consider alternative locations to paint along with the weather.
When the professionals are given the responsibility for furniture restorations, then first they plan on it and then allocate time. Being trained and experts at handling exterior furniture restoration, they will always ensure you are highly satisfied with the results.