After the damp and wet winter bids farewell to Berkshire, this is time to breathe life into the garden furniture. So cleaning up the teak, wood, metal and plastic furniture is the first step to revive the garden furniture. On being well cleaned, the garden furniture has to be dried up immediately.
Cleaning is not enough, and to ensure the garden furniturecan be optimally used after the winters, you have to hire furniture restoration experts from the best company in Berkshire . The trained experts are clear about the steps and techniques they should take to revive them back to their original purpose.
Here is how the furniture restoration experts revive the wooden furniture for painting and staining.
- They clean all the wooden furniture surfaces using warm water, and if necessary they are scrubbed. Then the furniture is allowed to thoroughly dry.
- The experts sand down the rough parts lightly and use white spirit to wipe over for removing the grease and dust.
- In case, the wood is in bad condition, then they apply a primer for achieving a polished look. Next, it is allowed to dry.
- The paint or stain can is stirred thoroughly. Turning the furniture upside down, the furniture restoration experts use a small brush and paint underneath along with the wood grains, and after that let it dry.
- They finish off after turning up the furniture in the right way. Then it is allowed to dry for a minimum of 8 hours. If necessary, they apply a second coat.
How Is the Original Colour Restored to the Wooden Outdoor Furniture?
- Removing the excess dirt from the old greying wood using a stiff bristle brush. Washing it down, they allow it to dry.
- Using a paintbrush, they liberally apply the garden furniture restorer.
- For working the restorer into the wooden surface, they use a mildly abrasive scouring pad. Then they leave it for 15 minutes.
- Using a lot of warm, clean water, they wash the restore off and allow it to dry.
- For removing the loose fibres, they sand down and expose the natural sheen of the wood.